- Illustration video
- Line, Shape, and Color video
- Mondrian-Inspired Art Lesson video reinforcing line, geometric shapes, and primary colors--kids will do art project with their classroom teacher
- Matisse-Inspired Art Lesson video reinforcing line, organic shapes, and primary and secondary colors--kids will do art project with their classroom teacher
- Virtual Museum tour includes Diego Rivera, Pre-Columbian Mexican and Andean exhibitions, Roots mural, Will Bullas: M is for Masterpiece: An Art Alphabet exhibition, and intro to the classroom
Students will have an opportunity to ask questions about the videos they saw before meeting the FAM art instructor. Then students will look at two to three artworks (depending upon session length chosen) and the art instructor will conduct a Visual Thinking Strategy (VTS) session using two to three artworks from the current Museum exhibitions. This will be followed by watching a five minute video of an art lesson (Alphabet Monster) and an opportunity for students to create their own artwork with guidance from the FAM art instructor.
(If school wants FAM to supply, it would be an additional $10 per student/kit)
- 3 sheets of 8 1/2 x 11 white cardstock
- thin markers in black and primary and secondary colors
- thick markers in primary and secondary colors
- a 12" ruler
- a glue stick
- a selection of Construction Paper Crayons (made by Crayola) - they work more like oil pastels without the mess-- the colors are more vibrant than regular crayons - each child should get a selection of at least six different colors, including at least one white or yellow
- at least 3 sheets of dark blue or black (or a combination of the two) construction paper (9" x12")
- various other colors of construction paper, cut into quarter sheets so each child could have a variety of at least six colors
- something to contain all the supplies
- extra paper would be great.
* Fresno Unified School District third-grade teachers will be sent a customized version of this unit plan
** Does not include art supplies. All videos are available for free.