Homeschool Opportunities at the Fresno Art Museum
If you have chosen to homeschool your child or children, the Fresno art Museum is here to help round out their education if you want to add visual arts to the curriculum. For parents of a homeschool child or children, the Fresno Art Museum offers you a few options:
- Organize a group of homeschool children and come come to the Museum for an ArtLink tour. You can come three times a year for a different experience with each new exhibition. For more information on the ArtLink tours, click here or contact the Museum's education department to reserve a date and learn about special rates that may apply to your group.
- ArtAcademy classes are offered during winter and summer break, based on the schedule of the Fresno Unified School District. You can sign your child up for one or more of the sessions offered.. Click here for more information.
- ArtExtensions are a series of regular classes for children held at the Museum by special arrangement, either during school hours or at the end of the day. These classes have been very popular among homeschool children. Minimum class size is six students, held once per week for four to six week periods. Parents have the option to hang out for the two hour class or to drop their child or children off and pick them up at the end of class. If you are interested in organizing an ArtExtension class, please contact Susan@FresnoArtMuseum.org to discuss all the options.
- Family Days at the Museum are free and another great way to provide art experiences for your child or children.
- Homeschool children can participate in our Fresno County Office of Education (FCOE) projects too—just download the lesson plans and follow the submission guidelines that are on our website under FCOE.
- Organize a group of ten or more parents of homeschool children to participate in an ArtSmart Professional Development class with Dr. Terry Allen (host of PBS series, Art Is) and learn how to integrate art into your homeschool curriculum everyday, These are sixteen hour workshops that can be scheduled by clicking here.
If you have any questions or ideas on other programs that you would like to see that could benefit homeschool children, please feel free to contact Susan Yost-Filgate in our education department by email or at 559-441-4221 x 101