Homeschool Opportunities at the Fresno Art Museum
If you have chosen to homeschool your child or children, the Fresno Art Museum is here to help round out their education if you want to add visual arts to the curriculum. For parents of a homeschool child or children, the Fresno Art Museum offers you a few options:
- Organize a group of homeschool children and come to the Museum for an ArtLink tour. You can come twice a year for a different experience with each new exhibition. For more information on the ArtLink tours, click here or contact the Museum's education department to reserve a date and learn about special rates that may apply to your group.
- ArtAcademy classes are offered during summer break, based on the schedule of the Fresno Unified School District. You can sign your child up for one or more of the sessions offered. Click here for more information.
- ArtExtensions - click here for current opportunity
- Family Days at the Museum are free and another great way to provide art experiences for your child or children.
- Organize a group of ten or more parents of homeschool children to participate in an ArtSmart Professional Development class with Dr. Terry Allen (host of PBS series, Art Is) and learn how to integrate art into your homeschool curriculum every day. These are sixteen-hour workshops that can be arranged by calling the number listed below.
If you have any questions or ideas on other programs that you would like to see that could benefit homeschool children, please feel free to contact our education department by email or at 559-441-4221 x 101