|COVID-19 CODE OF CONDUCT
AND VISITOR GUIDELINES
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we've added some additional precautions to help safeguard our staff and visitors. The Museum requires compliance with the following guidelines:
COVID-19 Code of Conduct
Join us in protecting the health of our community. We ask that guests follow these enhanced safety precautions, developed in response to COVID-19.
- Under the weather? Take care, stay home, feel better soon. Our visitor services staff can help you reschedule your reservation for an alternative date at no charge.
- Masks are mandatory for all visitors age 3 and older. We do have disposable masks available if requested upon arrival.
- Maintain social distance. Stay six feet apart from others who are not living in your household.
- Follow distancing signage.
- Daily museum attendance is limited to 25% of total capacity.
- Wash or sanitize your hands frequently. Sanitizer dispensers are located within the Museum.
- No food or drink in the galleries.
- Keep moving through the Museum. Please don’t gather or linger in one area. Transmission risk (including asymptomatic transmission) increases with prolonged exposure within an enclosed space.
- Any behavior or activity that disrupts the safe or orderly use of the Museum or that affects the staff’s ability to provide services is prohibited.
- Please treat each other and our staff with respect. No profanity and/or engaging in rude, inconsiderate, or abusive behavior. We can all use a little kindness.
Visitors not following the COVID-19 Code of Conduct will be asked to leave, as will guests who engage in behavior outlined under “Grounds for Immediate Ejection from FAM” in our General Guidelines.
Reservations for timed entry are required. Please call 559.441.4221 to make a reservation. Note that we are open for members only Thursday, October 22 through Sunday, November 1, 2020 and to both members and the general public beginning Thursday, November 5, 2020. Click here to become a member.
When to Arrive
If you have a reservation and you are not a Museum member, please arrive 15 minutes ahead of your scheduled time to check-in and make payments using our new touchless system. If you arrive early, depending upon how many guests are in the Museum at the time, you may be asked to wait outside or in your car until your scheduled time. Please note the Museum and Museum Store open at 11 a.m., Thursday to Sunday. We can only guarantee your reservation if you arrive within 15 minutes of your scheduled reservation time. If you are more than 15 minutes late, your reservation may be canceled and you would need to rebook a new reservation time. Please note that there are no refunds for advanced payments for missed reservations, however, your payment can be applied to a new reservation.
For safety reasons during COVID-19, we do not have a coat check available. We advise that you lock oversized bags, backpacks, umbrellas, coats, valuables, etc. out of plain sight in your vehicle or leave them at home.
The Museum Store
We will limit the number of persons admitted to our store to one family group or one individual at a time. Our staff will continuously disinfect high-touch areas. We also have installed a new touchless payment system to further safeguard you when you make any purchases.